Friday, July 1, 2011

Weekly Consolidation: 8/13

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: Run - 8km easy
Thursday:
AM: Swim - 40 min
PM: Run - 17km
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Cycle - 57km easy
Sunday: Run - 8km
An easy week last week. First few days were off because I was somewhere over at Kota Kinabalu.
Main workout was the long run on Thursday. It was both long and fast, with an average pace of 5:06 for the whole 17km. However, my left calf finally gave in after the run and I couldn't walk properly after the run. With a bit of rolling using the tennis ball, it became much better but still hurt slightly. Hence the rest of the week I took it a bit easy, plus with exams coming up I couldn't devote that much time to training.
This was posted about 5 days late because of exams as well. As of now, the race is in 30 days! That's just slightly more than 4 weeks. Things have been going well training wise, despite 2 very short weeks. Still keeping my hopes of a podium spot in the age group!

No comments:

Post a Comment