Thursday, July 28, 2011

Goals for Osim Tri

With 3 days to go to OSIT2011, it's time for me to review my goals for this race and my race plan. Best case scenario would be A and I would be super happy for the next 1 week. Next best is B where I would be pleased with how well I did but secretly pissed that I couldn't get A. If I get C I wouldn't be too happy but still accept it. If D...haven't thought of how I would feel and I hope I don't have to feel it anyway.
Overall goals:
A) Top in age group (18-19 yo)
B) Finish in 2:25
C) Finish in 2:30
D) Cross the finish line in one piece
Swim:
A) <30:00
B) 30:01-31:00
C) 31:01-32:00
D) >35:00
Bike (excluding T1):
A) <1h:05min (36.9kmh)
B) 1:05-1:07 (35.8kmh)
C) 1:07-1:10 (34.2kmh)
D) >1:15 (32.0kmh)
Run (excluding T2):
A) <44:00
B) 44:01-45:00
C) 45:01-47:00
D) >50:00
As for race plan, I plan to take it easy during the swim and not push myself unnecessarily because I know I am undertrained for it and don't want to risk the rest of my race for a few seconds that I can easily gain back elsewhere.
I plan to start pretty easily on the bike, maybe around 35kmh and start pushing the pace after the first lap (total of 4). I will also take a gel (which will be taped to the top tube) at the start of the bike. Hopefully there will be people for me to pace off (not draft off!), but seeing as how my wave is one of the last (last before the elite wave actually) I think I will spend most of the time avoiding people from the earlier waves. Add to that the narrow bike course and I predict that it certainly wouldn't be an ideal bike ride. On the start of the last lap I will take another gel depending on how my stomach feels at that point in time. Note to self: don't take in too much fluid in the last 5-10km or else the same thing would happen as in the Singapore Sprint Series.
Once off the bike I hope to be able to go straight to ~4:30 pace. For the first 5km, unless I am feeling superb and high on drugs, the goal pace is 4:30. Then from there its all out until I cross the finish line.
One important thing I must remember to do: Cross the finish line with a nice pose! Zip up my suit, make sure the race belt is at an appropriate level (if you get the drift), and smile for the cameras!
All the best to everyone racing this weekend, and let's pray for good weather :)

No comments:

Post a Comment