Sunday, July 17, 2011

Weekly Consolidation: 11/13 weeks

Monday:
AM: Run - 12km trail
PM: Swim - 45min
Tuesday: Run - 10x400m
Wednesday: Cycle - 55km easy
Thursday: Run - 17km long run
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Brick (Cycle - 58k TT, Run - 9.6km)
Sunday:
AM: Cycle - 76km solo
PM: Swim - 1 hour
Even with a rest day, I managed 11 hrs this week. Legs were starting to feel tired and could not hit paces as easily, so decided to take a day off before any injury came about.
The track workout on Tuesday was pretty tough, and I was struggling quite a bit to complete the sets. Still managed to hit the timings though, but no improvements from the last time. Long run on Thursday went pretty well after last week's failed long run, and the 6km of tempo with all out effort at the end really helps.
Also took a break from intervals for cycling this week because it was just too boring and I decided to cut myself some slack. But the ride this morning was tough because I was trying to chase down the Joyriders 640 train but could not do so. In the process I set my fastest ever average speed for a ride at 34.8kmh. Along the way I was going at >38kmh without much effort, so I guess I must be doing something right in my cycling training!
The brick on Saturday felt awesome. The weather was superb and I cruised through the run, completing 6km in the middle in 4:29 pace. If the weather is like this on race day, I may just be able to run a sub 45 10k.
My speed for swimming is pretty much about the same since the start of the year, but I'm quite worried about my endurance. Have not really been doing any long sets, so I'm not sure if I will be able to maintain the same pace for the whole 1.5km. Another thing I worry about is my sighting, which usually isn't very good and I end up swimming more than I have to.
With 2 weeks to go, there's not much I can do that will help with my performance, but a lot that I can do to screw it up. The next 2 weeks will be slightly easier, and volume will also cut back. I will probably do more race/distance specific workout, and practice transitions. I still haven't really gotten used to running fast right off the bike, so a few more brick sessions are needed where the rest time is minimal.

No comments:

Post a Comment