Sunday, June 5, 2011

Weekly Consolidation: 5/13 weeks

8 weeks to race day!

Monday: Run - 11km trail
Tuesday:
AM: Cycle - 78km group ride
PM: Run - 7km easy
Wednesday: Run - 10x400m intervals
Thursday: Cycle - 5x5min intervals
Friday: Run - 16.5km long run
Saturday: Cycle - 72km solo
Sunday: Run - 5km race

A solid 10hr week! By far the best training week I've had in a while. Got in most of my key workouts, highest weekly mileage of 54km for running, and PRed in a race.

Did not feel very strong this week cycling wise, but I'll only know where I am compared to last month next week when I do a 20km solo TT. Didn't feel very nice to get dropped on the 5am Tuesday ride, but at least I know I can ride strong and far alone.

This was a huge week for running. The intervals went great, long run didn't even feel that long, and the MR25 5k TT was a great confidence booster. Currently I am probably around a 43-44min 10k, hopefully I will be able to run that during the race if the training in the next 8 weeks go well. I'm feeling really pumped for running right now!

I'm also looking to get a new pair of shoes. My Zoot has around 1000km now, and Asics around 500km. Although I don't really need another pair because both are still in good condition, I want one :) I've been looking around, but can't find the right shoes for me yet. I also want to get some sort of fuel belt for my longer runs, as I MAY sign up for a full marathon at the end of the year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment