Thursday, June 16, 2011

Weekly Consolidation: 7/13 weeks

Monday:
AM: Cycle - 20km TT
PM: Run - 10k trail
Tuesday:
AM: Swim - 1 hr
PM: Run - 3x 1.6km
Wednesday:
AM: Cycle - 77km solo
PM: Run - 8km easy
Thursday:
AM: Swim - 40min easy
PM: Run - 14km long run
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Rest

I'll post early because I doubt there would be any training done over Friday and the weekends. Even with only 4 days, this week was pretty huge. 2 sessions every day with plenty of studying in between for exams in 2 weeks time. My main concern was getting an injury, but somehow it worked out. Maybe the higher mileage over the past few weeks, along with all the trail, have made my legs slightly stronger.

The week started off with the monthly 20k time trial. Last month I did it in 32:16, which was a 37.1kmh average. This week I slashed off 30s to come in at 31:46, which was 37.7kmh. I managed to negative split it too (16:00, 15:46), which is always a good thing. Pretty happy with an improvement, even if it isn't by a huge amount.

Got in quite a bit of swimming the past few days. Right now its still easy swimming to get used to the water and for the swimming muscle to warm up again. I'm not sure how much I have deproved but it doesn't seem to be that bad.

This week I decided to do a different speed workout from the 400m and 800m mostly because I was bored of those distances. Opted for 3 x mile instead. It went pretty well and I hit my goal times and wasn't super spent after that either.

The past few weeks my running has been going superbly well. My guess is that it has to do with a combination of factors namely the weekly track session, higher mileage overall, as well as the trail runs. Now I'm also finding running much more enjoyable, mostly because I see the gains I am making and also because I am (mostly) injury free. I may consider signing up for an open 10k race after the triathlon just to see how fast I can go, and in future when I'm old and slow I can say at least I've ran XX:XX before.

No comments:

Post a Comment