Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekly Consolidation: 6/13 weeks

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: Run - 9.5km
Wednesday:
AM: Cycle - 56km
PM: Run - 5x800m interval
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Rest
Sunday:
AM: Swim - 1 hr
PM: Run - 8km easy

A really short week with only 5 hours of training due to other commitments.

Only managed to get in 1 quality workout which was the 800m intervals on Wednesday. It was a fantastic run with great timings and I felt great throughout the sets. Running has been steadily improving and I really hope I won't get injured from now until the race. If all goes well, I will be gunning for a sub 45 10k.

The plan was to do a 20k TT on Sunday but was too tired from Saturday and decided to do the TT tomorrow. Not too sure how I will fare but hoping for an improvement at least.

And I finally got a swim in! Just wanted to get back my feel for the water and warm up those shoulders/triceps again after about 5 weeks off. Swimming fitness has definitely deproved but I'm certain it will come back quickly. I should be swimming more in the coming weeks.

Next week will be a little short too because I'll be going on a holiday. But I'll try to squeeze in my workouts before I fly off on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment