Monday, May 30, 2011

Weekly Consolidation: 4/13 weeks

Monday: Cycle - 5x5min intervals
Tuesday: Run - 5.3km
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday:
AM: Run - 8km easy
PM: Run - 800m intervals avg 3:07
Friday: Cycle - 2x20min intervals
Saturday: Run - long 13km
Sunday:
AM: Cycle - 78km 35.2kmh
PM: Run - 8km with 3km tempo

Once again another week with no swimming. I'm starting to get a little worried now. Wanted to squeeze in a swim somewhere but just couldn't find a nice time where the pool is empty.

Running mileage is increasing a bit, from 29.3km last week to 41.4 this week. The shin pain seems to be going away so that's a good thing, but not the big toe pain which has been with me since almost a year ago. The pain there is bearable, just irritating.
The 800m intervals almost killed me. I didn't have any goals for it, and wanted to see what I could do. Around last November I was running 3:11, and now I was running 3:01 - 3:05. I pushed too much on the first 4 sets and almost fainted/puked after the 4th one. So for the last interval I ran really easy, too easy probably, and ended with a less than optimal 3:15.

For cycling I managed to do a VO2max workout, LT workout as well as a longish ride. However the first 2 rides my timings/speed weren't great, not too sure what's happening there because the past few weeks I've been doing quite a bit of quality cycling and was hoping for some improvements.
However the 640 ride on Sunday was a confidence booster, with a new highest average of 35.2kmh. The pace was fast and furious almost the whole ride, and at Kranji I *almost* got dropped. We also got a free massage from the rain along Keppel Flyover which made everyone slightly nervous because a fall there wouldn't be nice.

The school holidays have started, so that means more time for training and studying (ironically). Hopefully I can do 4 10hr weeks and by the end come out much stronger. And next Sunday there's the 5km MR25 TT which I'll be going for. I previously ran it in December in 21:38, so we shall see where I stand compared to last December before my injury and hiatus.

This week my Zoot will pass the 1000km mark! It still looks pretty good though, and can probably last me another...300-400k?

No comments:

Post a Comment