Friday, May 13, 2011

Weekly Consolidation: 2/13 weeks

Monday: Cycle - 20k TT plus some VO2 max intervals
Tuesday:
AM: Run - 6.2km
PM: Run - 8km hills
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday:
AM: Run - 8km
PM: Cycle - 2x20min intervals
Friday: Run - 9km at MacRitchie
Saturday: Cycle - 75km constant fast ride, 33.4kmh average
Sunday:
AM: Cycle - 60km with hills and some VO2 max intervals
PM: Run - 7km with 4km tempo (4:30/km pace)

Quite a huge training week, over 10 hours with 4 bike rides (228km) and 5 runs (38.2km). Weather wasn't very kind at the start of the week, but eased up when the rain came.

Time trial on Monday went well, managed 37.1kmh for 20km. I am planning to do this time trial once every month to monitor my progress. Eventually the goal would be 40kmh for 20km, and then for 40km :)
All the rides were pretty good, with some hard honest effort in there.
Got dropped on the group ride on Saturday. The original plan was to go for the 6am round island ride with Joyriders, but the group was just too fast for me. Looks like I still have some ways to go.

Running wise I'm still building up mileage. Few fast workouts for fear of injury, and can already feel my left shin feeling weird. Still managed to do a 4km tempo just now in 18 flat.

As for swimming, maybe I'll do 1 swim every 2 weeks ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment